1 Cup pecans
2 Cups of purified water
3-5 pitted dates
Sauce: 2 cups soaked currants
Spice Options: fresh ginger root, cinnamon
1. Soak currents 1-4 hours in warm, purified
water, saving the soaking water.
2. 8 - 10 hours before serving: In blender: blend
pecans and dates with 2 cups of water, pour into a 9" glass pie plate.
3. Put the pie plate into the dehydrator at 105
degrees, for 8-10 hours, or until mousse consistency.
4. 2 - 4 hours before serving: In blender: blend 1/2
currants, keeping the sauce thick, spicing to taste, pour into a bowl and 'warm' in the
dehydrator with the mousse.
5. Server warm, garnishing with currants, surrounding
with the warmed sauce.
1-4 hours soaking; 20 minutes to prepare; 8-10 hours to
dehydrate; 6-8 servings
The sauce could be made with raisins, figs, or
apricots, or any dried fruit you fancy.